Arnold Schwartzenegger’s New Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding | History, Advice & Photos
Although Arnold's classic New Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding focuses on the sport of bodybuilding, anyone interested in strength training will find this 800 page epic engaging.
Seven-time Mr. Olympia title winner Arnold Schwartzenegger provides unique insight into bodybuilding methodologies, training techniques, injury prevention, nutrition and the sport's history.
This updated and revised edition of the "bible of bodybuilding" is packed with Arnold's personal tips and goes over every muscle group in detail.
There are hundreds of anatomical charts and photos including a "Bodybuilding Hall of Fame."
This really is an encyclopedia and is broken up into five books, each with multiple comprehensive chapters
- Book One: Introduction To Bodybuilding
- Book Two: Training Programs
- Book Three: Body Part Exercises
- Book Four: Competition
- Book Five: Health, Nutrition, And Diet
The detailed training techniques cover amateur athletes to pro bodybuilders preparing for a competition. Arnold stresses that achieving success takes dedication, a plan and a lot of hard work.
There has been some criticism that the recommended routines and working out six times per week amount to over-training. The science has evolved a bit since Arnold's day.
- Click here for The New Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding on Amazon
- Also see the Pumping Iron DVD (25th Anniversary Special Edition)
- The Women’s Health Magazine Big Book of Exercises (Kindle or Paperback)
- “Burn The Fat, Feed The Muscle” | Secret Techniques of the World’s Best Bodybuilders and Fitness Models
- Terrell Owens Introduces New Gym System | Elastic Resistance Bands For Strength, Speed or Rehab
- Ultimate Reset Cleanse Review | In Depth Look at the New Detox Program from Beachbody
- Needak Rebounder Mini Trampoline | Platinum Edition Soft-Bounce Folding Urban Exerciser