Fitness News: Equinox Fitness Clubs to Offer Exclusive Celebrity Music Playlists
Upscale fitness chain Equinox, voted "Best Gym in America" by Fitness Magazine, has enlisted several high profile artists to submit personal music playlists to be heard exclusively at Equinox clubs.
The current lineup of "Celebrity Sets" includes Madonna, Stevie Nicks, Cyndi Lauper, Michael Buble, Cher and Dave Navarro. There is no financial arrangement between Equinox and participating artists.
Equinox creative director Bianca Kosoy says the company's approach to music is part of a broader strategy to curate a lifestyle experience for members.
"On the whole our target demographic is successful, and they are more drawn to making a purchasing decision, including joining a gym, based on the feeling that they are going to be introduced to the new and noteworthy," Kosoy says. "Music is obviously a very high-profile touch point for them."
The concept has been widely praised by consumers, celebrity club members and their colleagues.
The playlists will be available at Equinox.com and iTunes this fall.
- Gold’s Gym Offering Free Passes and Fitness Assessments as Exercise “Stimulus Package”
- Zumba Exhilarate Fitness DVD Set Review | New Latin-Inspired Dance Fitness Workout Program
- Gaiam Kettlenetics Slim and Tone Kit | Fat Burning, Dance-Inspired kBell Body Sculpting
- FitDeck Exercise Cards | Bodyweight Only Workouts with Instructional Fitness DVD
- How to Start an Exercise Program | The Anatomy of a New Fitness Routine