Fitness News | Gold’s Gym’s Top 10 Secrets to Keeping New Year’s Fitness Resolutions in 2010
Consulting with leading fitness experts and celebrity trainers, Gold's Gym has put together a "Top Ten List of Fail Proof Resolution Tips" to help Americans stay on track.
- Visualize your end result. Create a strong image in your mind of what you want to look and feel like when you reach your goals. Remember it throughout the process.
- Get a fitness assessment. It's critical to know your starting point and learn your strengths and weaknesses. Going forward, continue to get a fitness reassessment every 8-12 weeks to track your progress.
- A goal without a plan is only a wish. Stop wishing you were in great shape and start mapping out a concrete plan to get there. The Gold's Gym "Resolution Builder" can help here.
- Set small achievable goals that build momentum. While long term goals are important, short term goals give you mini successes throughout your journey to get in shape.
- Create a schedule to reinforce consistency.
- Keep a journal of your exercise and dietary intake on a daily basis to be present with the day-to-day process.
- Change up your workout routine every 4-6 weeks. Over time, your muscles will adapt to a fitness routine. This is why it is important to mix up your workout and strive for consistent progression in your program in a way that continues to challenge your body.
- Troubleshoot your excuses. How would your friends respond to your excuses? Write these excuses down. You will be surprised at how impactful it can be to see your excuses written out!
- Tell all of your friends your goals. This creates a support system as well as an accountability that will make you less likely to back out on working out.
- Be patient with seeing results.
Consumers can visit www.goldsgym.com throughout the month of January to use the company's interactive web based "Resolution Builder" for a personalized success road map.
In addition, Gold's is offering Americans a free workout by showing up at any participating Gold's Gym between Friday, January 1st and Sunday, January 3rd.
[Source: PR Newswire]
- Ultimate Reset Cleanse Review | In Depth Look at the New Detox Program from Beachbody
- The Bowflex Body Plan (Hardcover) | The Science Behind Your Successful Home Workout
- Gold’s Gym Cardio Workout | Boxing, Interactive Exercise Game for Nintendo Wii
- Gold’s Gym Offering Free Passes and Fitness Assessments as Exercise “Stimulus Package”
- Fitness News: EA SPORTS Active 2 to be released on November 16 | Available for Xbox 360 Kinect