Fitness News: Google Maps Unveils Biking Directions Feature
According to the press release "This new feature includes step-by-step bicycling directions, bike trails outlined directly on the map, and a new 'bicycling' layer that indicates bike trails, bike lanes, and bike-friendly roads."
Previously, Google Maps was limited to helping drivers and mass-transit users. Now, fitness enthusiasts can use the Web-based technology to plan trips or explore biking trails and routes.
"This is the next move in what we think mapmaking should be," said Jim Lecinski, managing director for Google in the U.S. and former head of Google's operations in Chicago and the Midwest. "Streets are not just for cars."
Google Bike Maps Video Demonstration
[Source: Chicago Tribune]
- Polar RS800CX Running Heart Rate Monitor | Multi-Sport Watch with Stride Sensor, Fitness Software, USB & Optional GPS
- ProForm CoreMaster Ab Bench | 3-in-1 Flexible Abdominal, Oblique and Back Trainer
- Keiser M3 Indoor Spinning Cycle | Quiet Stationary Exercise Bike with Computer
- It’s Not All About Wii Fit | 7 Hi Tech Endorphin Pumpers that Make Fitness Fun
- Marcy Classic Upright Fan Exercise Bike | Dual Action Air Resistance Full Body Workout