Fitness News: Lance Armstrong Reveals Workout Secrets and Provides Exclusive Daily Updates from the 2009 Tour de France
After months of grueling preparation, bicycling legend Lance Armstrong has returned to competition in the 2009 Tour de France, his twelfth entry.
Armstrong can appreciate how training has gone totally high-tech since he first started competing. “Back in the day, people trained on just their feelings,” said Armstrong. “Now you have heart rate, altitude, lactic acid all measured on one unit.”
Armstrong's killer workout routines would make him certain that he would finish on top. “I knew I was ready to win the tour,” he said. “If I stepped on the scale in the morning and it said a certain weight and the power output was where it was supposed to be when I tested at the end of the day, it was over. Nobody close.”
Now Armstrong is providing exclusive behind the scenes blog posts, videos and photos directly from the 96th Annual Tour de France bike race which runs from Saturday, July 4th until Sunday, July 26th. Click here to follow the coverage.
The daily updates will detail his ongoing progress and experiences through all 21 stages of the race. Additionally, fans will be able to see each stage using LIVESTRONG Loops, showing a detailed map of the course. They'll also be able to impact Armstrong’s communication and coverage by participating in a daily poll.
LIVESTRONG.COM aims to be the definitive online social conversation for health, fitness and lifestyle. Through relevant and useful content, interactive tools and an engaged community, the site is designed to inspire people to change their lives, help themselves and help others.
[Source: Business Wire]
- GoFit Kettlebells with Vinyl Color Coating | 10-35 Pound Weights for Strength and Endurance
- FitDeck Exercise Cards | Bodyweight Only Workouts with Instructional Fitness DVD
- Recumbent Exercise Bike Review | Schwinn 240 Low Impact Home Cardio Cycle
- Fitness News | Gold’s Gym’s Top 10 Secrets to Keeping New Year’s Fitness Resolutions in 2010
- Phoenix Spinning Exercise Bike | 98623 Revolution Cycle Pro II Affordable Road-Like Home Cycling