Fitness News: Regular Moderate Exercise May Help Battle the Flu
The study, published this week in the Journal of Infectious Diseases, suggests that exercise can reduce the severity of flu systoms and also clear out the virus more quickly.
In addition, exercising just before a flu infection but not regularly over the preceding months can also show some protection against severe symptoms.
The study suggests that exercise boosts "early innate antiviral defenses." While the exact mechanisms remain unclear the results offer one more reason to engage in regular moderate exercise.
[Source: Reuters Health]
- Fitness News: Study Suggests Even Light Exercise May Extend Lifespan
- Fitness News: Is “Runner’s High” Like Heroin?
- Fitness News: Regular Exercise Reduces Anxiety by 20 Percent and Improves Quality of Life
- Fitness News: Vigorous Exercise Lowers Breast Cancer Risk
- Fitness News: Exercise After Age 30 May Reduce Risk of Breast Cancer