Fitness News: Used Equipment Sales & Repairs Increase During Economic Downturn
According to one repair shop owner, without proper maintenance a treadmill may begin to break down after just two years. With regular service the same piece of equipment can last 10-12 years.
The decision to fix exercise equipment should be based on its original value. If repairs reach half or more of the original cost, it's time to look for something new.
Buying used equipment in retail shops and through websites like Craigslist and eBay has long been a sensible alternative to buying new. Owning your own equipment is financially practical -- when compared to gym dues most equipment will pay for itself within a year. If you're still using that machine after a decade, you've clearly made a wise choice.
[Source: Naperville - Sun Chicogo Sun-Times]
- Sole F80 Treadmill 2013 Model | Folding, Commercial Quality with Incline & Strong Motor
- Schwinn Upright Airdyne Evolution Comp | Stationary Exercise Bike with Fan Resistance
- Bowflex Ultimate 2 Home Gym | Perform 95 Exercises Without Adjusting Power Rods
- Iron Gym Total (Chinup/PullUp/Pushup) Extreme Edition | Pro Fit No Mounting Doorway Workout Bar
- Body-Solid EXM3000LPS Double Stack GYM