Garmin Forerunner 305 GPS Receiver/Heart Rate Monitor Watch | Running, Multi-Sport Fitness Tracking
This extraordinary device will help you train smarter and more effectively and may change how you think about exercise.
The Garmin Forerunner 305 is a wrist-mounted GPS receiver, but first and foremost it's a training tool.
The 305 delivers real-time information and alerts on an unprecedented range of data, including multiple heart rate variables, speed, distance traveled, calories burned, elevation, terrain grade and route direction. It's suitable for runners, cyclists, cross-country skiers, marathon competitors and other outdoor athletes.
The 305 is larger than a sports watch, but provides much more functionality. The bulky design is uncommon for a wrist device, but the light weight and secure strap makes it hardly noticeable during a workout. The unique GPS design wraps the antenna around the wrist for better satellite reception and improved tracking under trees and near tall buildings.
With so many available options Garmin has made it easy to program exactly how much or how little data to view during a workout, depending on what's most important to you. The high screen resolution displays clear and crisp readouts and the simplified button layout is easy to manipulate with good pressure response.
Using a USB cable the 305 integrates seamlessly with the Training Center software to upload and store workout history on either a PC or Mac. While the intuitive interface shows essential data for analysis, the maps are somewhat rudimentary and do not include graphics.
The high-sensitivity SiRFstar III GPS receiver effectively tracks and maintains a lock on your position, although the pace measurement tends to vary wildly during a workout as it needs to calculate from a past point of reference.
The device includes an Ingress Protection certification, meaning it can withstand rain and water up to an extent, but cannot be immersed or used for swimming.
The Garmin Forerunner 305 a major step forward in fitness training technology and performance tracking. The complete package includes the Garmin Training Center CD-ROM, heart rate monitor, docking cradle, expander strap, A/C charger, USB cable, owner's manual and quick start guide.
More Info & Price Comparisons
- Click here for the Garmin Forerunner 305 on Amazon
- See more affordable Garmin Forerunner models
- Find the Garmin Forerunner 305 on eBay
- Garmin 310XT Forerunner GPS Enabled Sports Watch | Successor to 305 Model with Heart Rate Monitor
- Digital Fitness Heart Rate Monitor Watch | Timex T5J031 Unisex Sport Watch with Chest Strap
- Polar FS1 Heart Rate Monitor | Basic, Easy To Use Fitness Watch
- Polar RS800CX Running Heart Rate Monitor | Multi-Sport Watch with Stride Sensor, Fitness Software, USB & Optional GPS
- ePulse Strapless Heart Rate Monitor | Impact Sports No Chest Strap Watch and Calorimeter