Joseph Pilates Spine Corrector Barrel | Strengthen Core and Develop Healthy Back
Used in Pilates studios around the world, the Spine Corrector "Barrel" is intended to correct and restore the spine to its natural curve.
Designed by Joseph Pilates himself, the barrel opens the chest, strengthens the abdominal, back and shoulder muscles and helps maintain a supple, flexible and healthy spine.
With aging comes the loss of the natural curvature of the spine. A misshapen spine can lead to a variety of health issues. Consistent use of this barrel or other corrective device can reverse humpback and allow for deeper, more natural breathing.
The package includes a 20-minute video, unfortunately on VHS tape rather than DVD, featuring Pilates Instructor Romana Kryzanowska and Elite Pilates Trainer Marjolein Brugman demonstrating proper form for 14 different exercises.
The Spine Corrector Barrel workouts also tone and trim thighs and strengthen the body's core. The barrel weighs 18 pounds, is sturdy, comfortably padded and includes side handles for portability and use with specific exercises.
More Info & Price Comparisons
- Pilates Power Gym | Stress Management and Body Sculpting in a Compact Exercise Machine
- Apex Roman Chair/Hyper Extension Bench | Core Strength & Back Health
- Stamina Pilates Magic Circle | Exercise Resistance Ring with Workout DVD
- ProForm CoreMaster Ab Bench | 3-in-1 Flexible Abdominal, Oblique and Back Trainer
- Ab Rocket Abdominal Trainer | Strengthen Your Core