Marcy Classic Upright Fan Exercise Bike | Dual Action Air Resistance Full Body Workout
A traditional fan design upright bike is an intriguing alternative to modern fitness equipment, but definitely has pros and cons.
The Marcy Classic incorporates an air resistance system -- the harder you pedal the greater the resistance -- and dual action pivoting arms to add an upper body workout. The bike is designed to mimic the posture of a road cycle and provide the feel of cycling outdoors.
The Marcy Classic is sturdy and well constructed considering the size and low price. It runs smoothly but is relatively loud compared to magnetic resistance systems used in more advanced bikes. The noise from the fan is constant and may be perceived as either rhythmically soothing or just distracting. The fan's air flow does add a slight cooling effect, mostly around the legs.
The bike is very compact, weighs only 59 pounds and is easy to move, with or without the transport wheels.
The seat is adjustable to suit a wide range of users but is inflexible and not very comfortable. Consider purchasing a padded seat cover.
The simple console tracks time, total distance, number of calories burned and speed levels.
If you like the concept of this bike but want a higher quality upgrade we highly recommend the Schwinn Airdyne Upright Exercise Bike.
More Info & Price Comparisons
- Click here for more on the Marcy Classic Upright Fan Bike
- Compare to other Upright Fan Bikes on Amazon
- See more Fan Bikes on eBay
- Home Indoor Spin Cycling | Sunny Health & Fitness Pro Stationary Exercise Bike
- Folding Upright Exercise Bike | Body Champ XRB100 Compact Magnetic Resistance X-Bike
- Confidence Foldable Stow Away Exercise Bike | Smooth, Quiet Bargain Bike
- Stamina 15-0200 InTone Folding Recumbent Bike | Quiet, Inexpensive & Space Saving
- Marcy Recumbent Stationary Magnetic Bike | Compact, Quiet, Aesthetically Pleasing Exercise Machine