Smooth Fitness 5.45 Best In Class Folding/Incline Treadmill | Health Club Quality Home Exercise
This treadmill is the sturdiest and most solid that we've seen in the under $1,000 price range. Smooth Fitness accomplishes this by going big and heavy -- the 5.45 is a rock-solid behemoth.
The Smooth Fitness 5.45 delivers health club quality performance without the shifting or shaking associated with many home models. At 75" x 36" x 60" and 210 pounds this may not be the choice for apartments, condos or small homes, although the folding feature does save space when not in use.
The running deck measures an ample 20" x 55" and uses Whisper Weave technology, making the 5.45 as quiet as any home treadmill currently on the market. Other positives include good speed and incline and an advanced shock absorption system that markedly reduces stress on joints.
The downside? The console is less advanced than many comparably priced or even cheaper models. It includes just 6 buttons without much control or variety, although it does track the basics -- speed, incline, distance, calories, time and pulse. This may not be of concern to those looking to invest in the running platform rather than the bells and whistles.
The treadmill comes nearly assembled but requires some time to attach a few small pieces and the side rails. Plan to have the help of at least one other person if planning to move it after delivery. Includes a lifetime warranty on the frame and motor and 3-year warranty on parts.
More Info & Price Comparisons
- Click here for the 5.45 Folding Treadmill on Amazon
- Buy direct from Smooth Fitness
- See all folding treadmills on Amazon
- Find more folding treadmills on eBay
- Sole S77 Incline Fitness Treadmill | 2009 Best Buy Home Cardio Training Machine
- BodyCraft 1120 Folding Treadmill | Multi-Speed & Incline, Fold Up No Frills Home Workout
- Phoenix 98516 Easy-Up Manual Folding Treadmill | Inclined Frame for Walking & Rehab
- Merit (Horizon) Fitness 725T | “Cheap” Home Treadmill with Basic Features
- Bowflex Series 3 Exercise Treadmill | Walking, Runnning Cardio Workout With Incline